The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
thebrown83

Could a teenager build this in one month?

Ok like the title says. I found this truck in a junk yard and I am thinking about buying it. I believe it to be either a 67 or 68 short bed 4x4. No it is not wrecked and the frame looks to be strait. The cab is just unbolted and sitting to the side on the frame. The front core support and inner fenders are also just resting there. The junk yard also has most of the parts i would need to build this truck like a short step bed, fenders, glass, wiring, guages, etc. The only thing the junkyard doesn't have is a motor, trans, and transfer case. The cab is fairly rust free and the frame also looks pretty rust free except the body mounts. I can get this truck really cheap but having a 4 wheel drive truck doesn't do me much good except in the winter time and it will be snowing here in less than a month. My question is do you think that a 17 year old with limited mechanical knowledge but a fully equiped shop could slap this truck together in less than a month to have a truck to play in the snow and mud with? My dad is a mechanic and I would be working in his shop but he would not have much time to help me. By slap together i mean not paint or polish anything and only fix the necessary things to get it going.

Last edited by thebrown83; 12-01-2008 at 09:02 PM.
thebrown83 is offline   Reply With Quote