The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2003, 08:25 PM   #1
Zilverado
Account Suspended

Angry Venting ! ! !

So here's the deal:

I just got back from the tranny shop where I had brought our '92 Pathfinder to check transmission problem - delay into reverse.

The problem is internal and will require a rebuild The bigger problem - besides the potential $2500 bill - is the fact that this happened almost exactly 4 years ago, and we rebuilt it then. Of course the shop does not warranty SUV's for longer than 1 year. They are giving me 25% off as a "Preferred Customer" - - duh, I guess, after this I'll have given them a pretty good piece of coin...It may sound strange, but despite the repeat performance, I still have quite a bit of trust in this shop. They have an excellent reputation and I have a lemon.

So that's it. If we decide that we are keeping the vehicle (which we likely will), we'll be fixing it - - again. I guess I just have to start putting $500 away every year to afford another rebuild in 4 years.

Thanks for listening.

I guess one good thing about all of this is - - - - this is POST 100!!!

Zilverado is offline   Reply With Quote