The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
emk_cruisers

Grandpa's 66

Hey guys my name is Eric and I live in Boise, ID. I have been lurking for a few months but decided I should post up my upcoming project. I'm into Toyota Landcruisers, hot rods, customs, rock crawlers and just about anything that is related to cars and trucks. My first truck was a 65 C10 that I bought before I even had a drivers license and then I sold it a few months later for a profit. I regret selling that truck so soon but now 10 years later I have a nicer truck to work with. The 65 had a fair amount of rust.

I inherited this truck from my grandpa. It was purchased by my great grandpa in the early 70's. He bought it with the camper on it. Before he passed away he gave it to my grandpa about 6 or 7 years ago. The only thing he did to it was move it down to his place and there it has sat. A few months ago my grandpa asked if I still wanted it because he knew that I have always liked the truck so of course I said yes.

My short term goal for the truck is to get the camper off of it and get it back on the road since it has been sitting for many years. My long term goal is to put a small block crate motor in it with an automatic tranny. I also want to put an Airride suspension on it with some nice 20" wheels and then clean up the body and paint it (I'm still undecided on the color). For the interior I want to put a newer Silverado seat in it. My great grandpa added two extra fuel tanks so those need to go and the fuel doors that are on each side of the bed need to be removed. Other than that the body is in pretty good shape with virtually no rust. I still need to go get the truck from my grandpa's in Fruitland which is only about 45 miles from Boise. I plan on getting started this winter and I'm sure it will be an ongoing project for a while since this is not my only project. I will add pics as I make progress over the next few months.
Attached Images

emk_cruisers is offline   Reply With Quote