The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2008, 09:26 PM   #1
nyncompute

A rare progress report 72 4x4

A lot of folks are great around here chronicling their build ups and projects and I love gawking at pictures of em. I thought I'd throw a few out there of mine.
I have a good driver quality truck with a fairly low mileage engine that just wasn't looking as good as I liked. It was nicely equiped from the factory, eg Cheyenne package, power steering and brakes, air etc.
So I wanted to tear it down but I have very little space to work in, and a homeowners association thats always breathing down my neck (told me once I couldn't work on my truck in the garage).
Anywho... I just tackled a piece at a time on the sly.

Here's a before and after of original way the engine looked after I pulled a few accessories off.

Heres a shot of the gutted interior( I couldn't resist adding an AM/FM and tilt)

Before I had it repainted the original color I had to have filled literally over a hundred drilled holes. This was due to add ons like fender flares, a camper boot, holes in the bed for a 5th wheel (yes on a short bed 1/2 ton )
I still have a lot of detailing to do but here's a shot of the home run stretch.

Last edited by nyncompute; 12-12-2008 at 11:29 AM.
nyncompute is offline   Reply With Quote