The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2008, 11:38 AM   #11
WIDESIDE72

Re: Ebay SWB BB Cheyenne Super

So it is a cut frame??? Sounds like someone (Seller) is playing dumb. I sent him a question asking if the truck had a factory SWB frame, or if it had been cut. No answer. IMO, $35k would not include these kinds of issues. Personally, if I had restored the truck, I would have used one of the factory SWB frames I have and done it right, and told potential buyers what I did when i restored the truck. They will not get their asking price with the economy what it is anyway. my brother has a 72 Cheyenne that my uncle bought new is all black from the factory like this truck,402 BB, TH400, tilt and factory LWB. He left it this way when he restored it. The only change he made was we added a tach dash. Funny thing is that when he had the body off, he found that the frame was tweaked pretty hard from a past wreck. I asked him if he wanted the SWB frame I have and he decided totake a LWB frame I had, since he had already looked high and low for a LWB bed, (original bed floor was rusted out from uncle leaving a piece of shag carpet in truck for 30 years) and ended up taking THREE to make one really nice one with no filler. he could have easilyadded the SUPER equipment, SWB, tach, altered the SPID, etc, but that is what the big controversy is right now with doing that kind of things w/ musclecars,and it is considered FRAUD... Reminds me that I need to get some pics from him. Instead, with the "new" frame he got from me, he is using a LT1, 4L60E and disc brake 10 bolt rear out of a wrecked 1995 Impala SS, and puttingthe TH400 and 12 bolt3.07 in the barn. Maybe he could get a SPID made for the LT1, 4L60E and disc rear HAHA
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote