The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2008, 10:12 PM   #1
Bigbore
just stuff and more stuff

When all else fails...

Hi everybody, I thought I would stop in and introduce myself. I've been getting on here for a couple of weeks and finally decided to start at the beginning, go figure! The name here is Ron. I've always enjoyed working on cars and bikes. My addiction started with an old four wheel drive longbed (1986) I bought it just to have something to work on. I think it had a couple hundred thousand on it, and I tried really hard to break it! Again to have something to work on. But the tired old girl just wouldn't die. One time going to a friend's house she over heated so bad I swear I could feel the pistons trying to seize. And yes I do have a friend Anyway the harder I tried the tougher she got, so I went against what I really believe, if-it-ain't-broke-don't-fix-it. Well that started it. I've had nothing but fun. I rebuilt the engine, and now she breaks down all the time.
I still own the 86 which is a challenge , I also have a 66 long bed, 67 long bed, 74 short bed and still have my eye on yet another truck. All these trucks started out as dreams, with me being starry eyed and drooling, Now just a nightmare for my neighbors.....
I have no regrets, and my neighbors still wave at me and smile, I just wish they would use all their fingers
Anyway I look forward to seeing builds and mods, and maybe one day being able to show you guy's something cool.
Later

Last edited by Bigbore; 12-09-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Bigbore is offline   Reply With Quote