The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2008, 02:57 AM   #1
outlawc

The Outlaw 1968 build

Well, its been a loooong time but I finally started and have been working on my 68 build pretty steady lately. The truck I started with is a base model, 6 lug, manual brake/steering 1968 long wheel base truck with a good cab and body. I like these trucks low but after pricing everything I needed to drop it and convert/upgrade the worn out and outdated work truck suspension I decided to use a Camaro subframe. This will give me the drop I wanted, power steering, disc brakes, front sway bar, better suspension geometry and tighter handling. I used a subframe from a 1979 Z/28. Well, on to the pictures.

Heres the truck I started with

And the Z/28 subframe

First thing I needed to do was strip the truck down to just the cab and clean everything, I HATE working on nasty cars! Here it is stripped down and cleaned.

Getting the truck leveled and ready to seperate it from the trucks front suspension.

I started by taking any measurements I thought I would need then started cutting the front suspension several inches in front of the cab. This isnt where the actual cut needed to be but it got the suspension out of the way to make it much easier.

And its gone!

outlawc is offline   Reply With Quote