The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
Patsfan34

Checking in from New England (67 GMC 4x4 help)

Let it snow, let it snow...LET IT SNOW! (Mods, I put this thread in the welcome area as well). If this is the wrong place to post a thread like this could someone suggest to me where to put it to get the most exposure?

Happy Holidays everyone! Newbie here but not new to the 67-72 era of Chevrolet trucks. I’ve been in love with them since childhood because my dad had a 68 K-10 stepside (with a 69 nose my favorite still today), light blue and white. I had the opportunity to restore a nice truck, but just didn’t have the time and sold that and the C10 fleetside truck I had (bought the C-10 for the cab mostly). I was only 18 or so. I’ve regretted it for years. So here’s why I’m here…

I purchased a 67 GMC complete chassis 4x4 with a straight 6. It’s definitely the shortwheel base ½ ton. I live in New England and this chassis is in good shape. Frame has surface rust but has NO rot anywhere. It can easily be sandblasted and look new. The full powertrain is still intact including engine, tranny, transfer case, and front and rear end. Breaklines, brakes and front hubs all seem to be in decent shape. There is no linkage for either the tranny or transfer case. I haven’t had a chance to research this specific truck (67 GMC 4x4) because I can’t find much info on them. I will check to see if the frame has a plate on the front frame to specify exactly what the truck is, but if it doesn’t how can I find out the following:

Were all 67 GMC 4x4s a 4 speed on the floor?
Would the 4x4s come standard with the 4.8L 292 engine?
Does it have high and lo?
How would I find out what gears were standard in this truck?
Any suggestions for a good shop/repair manual?

Sorry for such a long post but I’m really excited about this project and I really want to know everything about this truck before I begin the restore!

Thanks
Patsfan34 is offline   Reply With Quote