The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
Brutha

Engine Rebuilder DFW Area

I am a new member and need some information. I have a 61 stepside that has the original inline 6 engine. I don't think the motor has ever been opened up. I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area and am looking for an engine rebuilder to rebuild the motor. It actually runs fine but I am going to be depending on the truck for my primary form of transportation so I think I should bring the drivetrain up to as new condition. I would like to keep the original core and not buy a long block. I don't have the time to do it myself.

I am retiring this coming Friday the 26th and I need a vehicle as a daily driver. While the motor is being built I am going to redo the brakes and paint the frame to get it ready for exterior paint and new bed wood.

A local garage has offered to pull, rebuild, and reinstall the motor and replace the clutch and related components for $1600 plus tax. 4 year 50,000 mile warranty on the motor. Sounds pretty good but I don't have anything to compare it too.

Sound OK?
Brutha is offline   Reply With Quote