The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
tex_waco_usmc
Project Heaven in my 67!!!

Thumbs up New Member -- Correcting a huge C10 Mistake from Iraq

Hey Ya'll,

I have been reading these posts for some time now and finally decided to join when I corrected a HUGE mistake......

Background: I bought a 1967 small window, SWB C10 when I was 14 to restore. It was nothing but a cab on a chassis (didnt even have wheels, a local wrecking yard corrected that issue so I could easily move it. ) From there my love for these trucks grew. I worked on that truck until I was 25, countless hours of labor, pints of blood, and a few tears. I had it where it needed just exterior paint and wheels/tires. Hand sandblasted, primed, and painted entire chassis. Ed from MotherTruckers in Bradenton, FL created the cab for me as the one I had was rotting from the inside out. I dropped in a hopped up 350/400 combo. Converted to power brakes, disk in front. Lowered 3' in the front, and 4" in the back with lowering springs. Stainless tubes throughout. A 96 Chevy stepside box on the back was bolted on just by wood, body shop was supposed to correct that for me.

MISTAKE: Then I was injured in Iraq and was medically retired from the Marine Corps. I had no way to get it back to Texas from NC so like a complete idiot I sold it to a real good friend of mine. I made him promise if he ever sold it to contact me first. This has proved to be the biggest mistake of my life.

CORRECTION: Now, I am a DOD contractor back in Iraq again, only as a civilian, due to come home in a couple of weeks for good. John emailed me and told me he was getting married and wanted to sell me the truck back. So, I am now in possesion of my C10 again. It is currently on its way via car transport to Texas from NC. As soon as I can I will post pics. It is still virtually in the same condition I sold it to him in so harm no foul. I am just glad to have it back. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got some fresh ideas for the truck and will need some help with the mods, so expect many future posts!

Chris
tex_waco_usmc is offline   Reply With Quote