The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
Wannabebad

Suspension Question

Hello, i have a rear suspension setup question, right now we are running a spring under axle setup on a 10 bolt on our 48, a buddy has a spring under axle with a 2" block between the spring and axle on his 52 and it sits nice and low. Now I'm used to lifting trucks and blocks are used all the time to gain a little extra height in the rear but with problems with axle wrap etc. I would like to go down an inch or two more in the back what is my best option? Will just adding a block work?

Also, we are running a mustang 2 front that was already in the truck so I know ZERO specs about it, what all is needed to bag the front? I'm not concerned at all with it laying out for now but maybe in the future when I can bag the back as well. Is there a reputable kit that is just upper and lower arms with bag cups, or something similar that would get what I'm looking for?
Wannabebad is offline   Reply With Quote