The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #11
CAL 58 GMC

Re: 58 GMC Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
What a thread!! I lost track of how long it took for me to get through this entire thread but...it was well worth it. That is such a nice ride. There are a few trucks in the Tri-five body that turn my head and this is probably #1. Going through the garage I found some truck magazines 11 years old (and older) that I saved all these years. I've been looking at them off and on for the last few days and I would have to say that from what I've paid attention to, your truck has set the standard for my personal tastes and every truck of this bodystyle will be compared to it. I'm HOPING to build a 67/68 someday and just reading your thread has accelerated my knowledge of what it'll take to get to where I want to be. Although you're afraid to scratch it, don't be afraid to ENJOY it. There are a lot of folks that would like to be in your shoes and you seem to be a genuinely kind, humble and friendly person. Keep that up. Yeah, take it to the shows but every now and then take it to the park or just out for a little cruise. You never know who you've inspired to build one. Kids young and old alike will appreciate what that truck means and could mean if they had one of their own. I think that's what makes part of this truck so special to the rest of us. It's been a pleasure reading, watching, learning and laughing along the way of this thread. It was an experience in itself. If you ever get the itch to bring 'er out to GoodGuys Fort Worth (TX), I'll be sure to bring a towel so I don't drool over the paint. I've caught the last two shows since being stationed out here and I have to say...Texas LOVES their trucks!! Haha. Later Cal.
Thanks for the kind words Blitz! I have enjoyed sharing the build with all my friends here just as much as some of you all have enjoyed following this thread. Also, just to let you know, when the sun shining and the weather is nice I take her out a cruise the street, heck that's the fun part!

Dave
CAL 58 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote