The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
6T8&O-her-1

New C10 Owner ...and Thirsty!

Greetings Fellow 10'ers.. I am excited about a new project on my list. I am finally getting a 1968 C10 after several years of Begging the misses, and 18 years on vacation from Customizing Raising my kids. They are about to Go off to College and now Daddy needs something to do. I am not new to Customizing but Am new to the C10. I have a Fully Restored 64 impala that I finished in 94 but was neglected and needs about a 3-4 month restore on interior and some paint issues...kids Bicycles and Baseball dings....Anyway, I am a retired Minitrucker and the last 3 trucks I did wound up in Either minitruck or Truckin magazine. One was used on the front cover (Flier) for the Charlotte Auto Fair back in 1989.. I have been reading alot of the posts and will have some questions as I begin to Strip down the 10. It has a Stock 350 w/Turbo 350 tranny, but still has the 6 cyl rear end (10 Bolt 5 lugs). Not sure how strong that rear end is but I was told that if I make any engine mods that that rearend probably won't hold up. I will post pictures when I get it home this week. Thurs or Friday of this week I will have it. I am a Die Hard Chevy Luv Stepside fan and need something bigger. Here are some photos of my work back in the day... I know how much these sites love photos..Back then I could build a Truck in less than 4 months...

My fourby..

Just had a shop put up and finishing the Wiring soon.
NOw its time to jump back in.....

Love this site. I'll be back!
6T8

Last edited by 6T8&O-her-1; 01-18-2009 at 04:32 PM.
6T8&O-her-1 is offline   Reply With Quote