The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2009, 04:00 PM   #1
Joecool_iowa

67 SWB Stepside - Old School Style

I've owned this 67 for about 10 years. I bought it with the best of intentions but after putting a new tranny in, it sat for the next 9 years or so. When I bought it, it had black primer on it. As you can tell from the before pics, the sun, rain, snow, etc. did a number on it. This build (my first) started as a sand and shoot project, just to get some paint on it and go for a rat rod type of look. The further I got into it, the more dents and rust I found. There was just too much truck left there to rat it out completely, but in my opinion, not enough to go for show...so, it's a hybrid! (Before I get a ton of messages on the marker lights, I realize they didn't exist in 67. The cab has the small rear window and is definitely a 67, as for the rest, I really don't know, but that's the beauty of it I guess. I'll post some pics as I go (pretty far along already, but once those pics are up, I'll update as I progress). Any feedback is welcome!
Attached Images

Joecool_iowa is offline   Reply With Quote