The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #11
Frizzle Fry

Re: Joined the Short Wheelbase Club *69 Tahoe Project*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
Oh come own now you know you like your view numbers going up with out ANY WORK on your part. Hey here's an idea why don't you get back to work and show us some progress! Yeah I know who am I to talk

Kevin
LFD Inc.
It's wrong isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 454_72_4X4 View Post
Awsome build FF!
Just got done reading the last 34 pages...Whewww! (Read the first 12 last night).

Never been much of a fan of Subs but Tubby is sweet! And your fab skills are unbelievable!

Questions;
What size wire ya use in the mig?
How long do ya wait from one spot weld to the next? (when you're finish welding the panel)
Thanks man! .023 for sheet metal. I jump around doing multiple tacs until the whole seam is done. So one tac will not get another one placed next to it for at least 10 seconds. But truthfully I think with the .023 wire they can be done within a split second right next to each other without warpage as long as you watch the heat. Just don't run a long bead; especially on flatter areas.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote