The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
72bigred

T350 or 400, opinions please

Hi all, building my wifes 60 sb I have decided to go with a 1968 292 as I was able to pick one up for a song and a dance. I am a manual fan myself but figured I would go automatic for the wife. I orig was thinking with the fuel costs the 700r would be the way to go but after thinking about it I decided a T350 would do just fine for around town cruising.

Anyhow question is, I have a quality guy here that does nothing but 350's with stall built well I am looking at 450$.. On another note I can pick up a 400 from a guy that has fallen on hard times and has been selling off his project, 400 was built to sit behind a big block and has zero miles. He has offered it to me for 400$ with TQ.. (the stall is good for my cam)

Again I am not an automatic guy so I was looking for some input as to what I should do, the kick downs I guess are diff? What else am I in for other than the normal coolant lines ect, anything I should be looking at? Just trying to pick some brains on the topic. The real only reason I am looking at the 400 is when the wife loses interest I will stuff a big block in the truck.

Thanks

Skez
72bigred is offline   Reply With Quote