The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2003, 04:25 PM   #1
Stout72
Not my good side.

Exclamation City wants to make home auto repair difficult

What is this world coming to?

The City Council of Fairfield, CA, is introducing an ordinance to make it a citable offense to repair vehicles in a residential area if the vehicle does not belong to you. For owners, outdoor repair work that takes more than two days, or is being done on more than two vehicles at a time may also be a citable offense.

What a load! The proposed ordinance is supposed to target problem residences in town where individuals operate psuedo auto repair shops, and junk cars clogging residential streets. But it could unfairly affect people like you and me who tinker with our rigs (as well as relatives' and friends' vehicles who we may be helping) in our own driveways or out on the street in front of our houses. Hey, I work slow, so a lot of my tinkering takes place over time. It also leaves the door open for malicious neighbors harassing us with complaints.

At least it's not an ordinance...yet. A second reading and final approval is coming up in a month. I'm planning on being there to speak out against this lunacy.

Anybody out there have a similar ordinance, or were able to defeat one? Watch out, you may be next!
79 Yamaha XS1100 Special (Ol' Reliable)
Stout72 is offline   Reply With Quote