The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2009, 07:49 AM   #1
caminokid
Chevy nut

I got the biggest surprise!

Just got the taxes done. I was sitting there and and the girlfriend asked how much we were getting back. A little over 8,000.00. I have been giving her just about every dime I have had to pay off bills and such. Everything is caught up and has been for 3 months she tells me. And then she says what I never dreamed she would say...How much do you need to get your truck going in the garage? I told her it was a long way from being done. And then she said...take the 8,000.00 and put in into your truck. I want something to goto the Mother Road Cruise! Ok I had to ask her what she said cause I think it stunned me about what she did say! She told me the same thing again and I must have looked like a deer staring into the headlights of a truck cause I felt I went numb and was ready to pass out. Cause having her telling me that just seemed like that was a never going to happen deal. After I let it sink in what she said...I realized that much is going to take the 69 Fleet to another stage of pieces parts to being a truck by June. I think first things first....get the rest of the sheet metal I need...then interior. The rebuild the 454 and the redo the M-21. Paint maybe the last. Still at 8,000.00 I am still going to be about 5,000.00 short...but its a hell of a start!

Anyone else using their taxes for their truck?

"Remember kids there is NO replacement for displacement!"
caminokid is offline   Reply With Quote