The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
petey-pablo
"THE GREEN GOBLIN"

"Truck wouldn't Turn OFF" Need Help

Ok guys I know this was coverd before But I can not seem to locate the thread. Heres my problem I fired up the beast today I knew I had a problem as soon as I hooked up the battery The Electric Fuel Pump & Electric Water Pump came on But I decided to try to start it anyway. After a few putt putt backfire and a louder backfire and a small fire on the Carb It was ok notthing was hurt... Then I tried again putt putt and it fired up after a year of sitting in the garage I changed the Altanator wireing and Cleaned up the Wireing under the hood. But when I turned the Key to turn it off it wouldnt turn off I pulled the Fuse to the Fuel Pump and disconnected the battery then it slowlly turned off. What did I do wrong with the wireing any Ideas of where I should start Trouble shooting?
Thanks everyone I am running a 454BBC MSD Dizzy My altanator is a 10SI Internal Regulated model. I am useing the stock wire harness undre the hood and a Painless fuese block under the hood to power my Fuel Pump, Water pump, and Electric Fans hope this info helps....
Front 2.5inch Spindles with 2inch Springs Rear 4inch drop Springs.
454BBC TH400,Posi

1971 Cheyenne 10 Long Fleet Side
454BBC TH350,Posi Sold

Drive it like you stole it!
Petey-pablo@sbcglobal.net
petey-pablo is offline   Reply With Quote