The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2009, 07:47 AM   #1
Ds86C10
2WD 4 Life

Can-O-Worms

My grandpa says im good with fixin anything with 4 wheels and a motor.. but he thinks im best at opening cans of worms...

Wel the weather today allowed me to crack open my first can for '09. I wasnt going to work on the truck until next weekend when i have a really really big pile of parts to put in, but my truck ask crying for attention... or atleast the frame was.... Oh and the pictures arent the greatest since I forgot to grab the camera and had to use my phones camera.

This is after unbolted the steering box from the frame and just truning the wheels to swing the steering box out of the way.

Crack is bad for you health...

Cleaned up and welding started

It was a dirty job and I forgot to take more pictures or even a final picture...
NOW the truck has nice and tight steering with no binding or lack of turning radius due to the frame being completly broken thru.
For the "can of worms" I opened fixing the frame... upon disconnecting my already leaky power steering lines, I wasnt paying too much attention to the fact that I twisted and broke the steel part of the line... also I managed to slip with a pry bar cutting the power steering belt... SO now I have nice tight steering but you have to be Hulk Hogan to turn the wheel since the lines are capped off on the steering box and the pump isnt running off the motor currently. i get to drive it like this til Friday the 13th thanks to me bringing home a new toy and blowing most of my pay check lol

its a '99 Yamaha R-1 if anyone is wondering.
Thanks for reading!
1978 king cobra
Ds86C10 is offline   Reply With Quote