The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2009, 11:43 PM   #1
7-2xpnsive

newbie from nw bama

Just found this site and love it, never knew there was so many just like me out there. Hey yall. My dad bought me my first truck whe i turned 18. A 70 SWB. Tore it down for resto in 00, cab was shot. So i went lookin.(Wish i had known of this site back then). Found a mint cab but had to buy whole project to get it. Wasn't a bad deal i dont think. Two SWB 72 cabs,2 SWB frames,all his old parts and his new ones. Which was a new grille,new GM front fenders, new GM rad support,GM inner fenders,glass 3'' cowl induction hood,painless wireing harness,and a complete GM SWB step bed/w new wood and all SS strips and hardware. Basically a new truck. So a this time i had 3 trucks and plans for 2 of them. My truck was a SWB fleet so i went out yet again lookin for a better bed, mine was not so great but stil usable. SCORE found good complete bed, but once again there was 2 trucks. One was a 72 parts truck (no front cap) the other was a almost original 72 LWB (best truck i ever found). Didnt have to buy it but couldn't pass it up. So 1,500 and a wrecker bill later, they were mine. I currently drive the LWB on my farm and to salvage yards to get parts for my SWB. Now im 30 and have 5 72's all with air cabs, 2 which are parts trucks,and I have plans for 3 of them. My SWB fleet(custom hot rod) is currently under construction. I gave the SWB step to my dad(sill in storage) and my 72 LWB which i drive n fix up as i can. I will try to get up some pics of my project later on. I cant say enough bout this site it keeps me motivated and inspired on my project. And i like reading about other builds. Keep it up.
7-2xpnsive is offline   Reply With Quote