The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2009, 12:12 AM   #1
Barebones66

First real project, stocker feedback needed.

Im thinking about what needs to stay stock from the factory and what things I can possibly change in order to keep the label "stocker or original". I realize there are different levels of authenticity even all the way down to original nuts and bolts for every part on the truck. Im really not concerned about that because I have no plans on selling it but you never know, and ultimately I just want to stay true to myself and restore this thing to it's potential in my view.

My plans are to keep my 66 all original but i'd like to go with some nice rally wheels, chrome bumpers and grille, and for the interior i'd like to throw some vintage air in it, everything else will stay as close to factory as possible for a few reasons but mainly because this is my first resto/rebuild and I have limited space since im working out of my shed and carport and i'd like to keep my first one as simple as possible.

Questions going in are :
If I make changes like chrome bumpers, grille, and vintage air will the truck no longer be considered by most in the business as being factory/original ?

I also want to keep the original 292 in it but if I spank the motor some will that affect the "original" tag as well ?

How about if I repaint the interior to match factory, that wouldn't matter right ?

Pics below show the truck and the limited space I have to work with. The double doors in the backround lead to my 14x12 shed I added on to carport all work including priming will be done here excluded painting, i'll rent a booth when ready for finish coats and just trailer them down in two or three trips.

My original time frame was a 10 year project but i'd love to be able to make it happen in 3-5.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Attached Images

1st project 66 SWB
Dave
Barebones66 is offline   Reply With Quote