The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Powdercoated intake manifold pics and prices

I have had a lot of members ask me for powdercoated intake manifold prices. So, I pulled an old intake off the wall this morning and coated it to give everyone an idea of the end result.

This was my worst intake in my collection. The casting is pretty poor quality and very porous.

After an hour long burnoff process, I bead blasted it clean and bare. Then, I baked on two coats of high build primer powder to fill the irregularities. Last is a nice thick coat of orange powder. Last step is to detail the Edelbrock script with a Dremel and sanding pad to make it show up pretty.

I pay due diligence to any threads and holes. All will be masked or plugged through the process. There will be no stray powder in the threads or anywhere else it doesn't belong.

The price to do an intake like this is 60 dollars, assuming you send me a pretty clean intake to start with. No grease and little to no oil residue is ideal.

This price is for a solid color like this orange. If you want a metallic color, the price is 75. A metallic requires a clear coat, which is more powder shot, an extra remask job after the basecoat, then another trip into the oven.