The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2009, 04:40 AM   #1
petey-pablo
"THE GREEN GOBLIN"

Straight 6 & V8 Engine Wire harness? "Pink Wires"

Hello guys me again I recently pulled my motor out and I didn't mark my wires So I went to put the Motor back in I was left with one or two extra wires My truck was Origanally a inline 6 now it is a V8 I have tried searching the Site Threads for this over and over and came up empty handed I found no Wiring Diagram for a 6cylinder Engine wire Harness What Is The difference in the The Straight 6 and V8 Wire harnesses? My truck is a 72 Chevy.... My Engine Harness consists of 6 wires...Wire#1.is Tan and goes to my Proportioning valve.Wire#2 is Dark Green and goes to my Temp gauge. Wire#3 is Small Pink my guess would be Dizzy. Wire#4 is Big Pink Don't Know where it should go? Wire#5 is a Short Brown/White Wire & I Don't know where it would go.. and My #6Wire is Purple and Im guessing this one goes to the Starter solenoid... My qestion is with my Pink Wires the smaller one has writing on it that reads Do not cut Resistence Wich would make me think this is for the Dizzy Now I am left with the bigger of the Two Pink wires Does anyone know where it should be hooked up to I had it hooked up to the Juction block well I was wrong it was causeing my truck and accessories to stay on these two wires seem to be tied into eachother Hot when Ignition On? For now I have this wire attached to nothing I started my truck and it fired up fine and turnned off fine. Im just wondering where I went wrong & dont want to leave a wire of that gauge left in the loom unused .....As for the Brown/White wire I don't really think I need it for anything...I hope you guys can help Thanks again in advance .......Pablo
Front 2.5inch Spindles with 2inch Springs Rear 4inch drop Springs.
454BBC TH400,Posi

1971 Cheyenne 10 Long Fleet Side
454BBC TH350,Posi Sold

Drive it like you stole it!
Petey-pablo@sbcglobal.net
petey-pablo is offline   Reply With Quote