The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

new shop!

so about a month ago, I was rollin down the road on the clock, and I saw a small garage with a sign out front saying garage for lease. hmmmm...
I keep going by, and while driving, I remember the thread about 5 weeks ago on here about a member getting a shop with a few of his friends. Someone posted on there, that with ecinomic hard times, some ppl will rent out the garage just to help make ends meet.
I drove by there on the way back, and stopped and checked it out. It's small, but it is cinder block, and has 2 small storage rooms on the back.... can't be too much... but I'll bet it is.
I call the number, and find out it is actually going for LESS than my one car storage unit.
SWEET!
Pardon the poor photo quality... since my good computer crapped out, I am on my backup computer, and it won't recognise my digi-cam... so these are all off my cell phone. It's amazing how one pic will be awesome, then the next one will suck big time.
Anyways... like I said, it is small...

But... it fits. i sized it up before going over to talk to the rental company

They had it advertised, and the door open so you could check it out... so that means lots of crap blew in. The lighting was REAL bad when I first got it last month too. i already hung 4 new flourcent lights... it's a lot better now...

I rented a small trailer, and made a few trips hauling all my junk over there. I have a bunch of household crap I store for now... plus a lotta shop type junk. I didn't take any photos of all that mess... it was fun since there was 5 inches or so of snow on the ground.
Then, I see a small oportunity to get the burb over there. Now mind you, this is on the other side of town... 25 miles away.
I'll just say this... tow bar towing can be FUN if the conditions aren't right.
you can hardly see it... bit it's back there

But, I made it with no problems.

I told everyone at work to keep there eyes open for a small low cost tool box... some one told my snap on guy and he made me a deal i couldn't turn down. It's a LOT bigger than I was looking for, but it was WAY cheaper than ANY of you would ever guess. (free) The photos don't do it justice... it looks totally gay... purple will make just about anything look gay.
Luckily the photos kinda hide it's true colors.

Used the forklift to load it.... but getting it out of the truck... by myself, was fun.
And by fun, I mean it SUCKED.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote