The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2009, 11:06 PM   #1
JesseSimon
Asks alot of questions

So here it is...my first 67-72!

After a lot of itching and scratching I came up with this old beast. Its a '69 long bed. The guy was originally asking $2100 on it, I got him down to $1000.

The good:
Great fenders, great glass, nice wheels and good tires, good bench seat, only minor body damage

The bad:
Cab floor is rotted out, tailgate missing but came with a nearly worthless replacement, transmission is shot, 350 engine runs but is a throttle body converted to a carb so it has lots of chopped sensors & wires, dash was cut for aftermarket radio, and its non A/C...

So this past week I also purchased:

A running, driving, yet titleless chevy van for $200. The van will donate a strong 700R4, 5 bolt rear end, disc brake parts, a set of nice rally wheels w/trim rings, and possibly some A/C parts..and yet another throttle body 350 to sell for project cash...

Then I nabbed a beautiful nearly rust free A/C cab. Comes with uncut dash, new dash pad, an extra windshield, ORIGINAL and WORKING RADIO!, all vents, A/C controll and the original A/C parts. Got that for $800

So I'm $2,000 in on my first 67-72, what do you guys think?

Below is a few pics and a link to my photobucket for more pics, its ugly now but someday it will ride tall! Ill post pics of the donor cab when I pick it up...

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f113/jessestoys/

JesseSimon is offline   Reply With Quote