The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
WIDESIDE72

WIW feeler 72 GMC Super Custom 3/4 ton 4x4 near Austin, Texas

As some of you may or may not know, I just found out a couple of weeks ago that I am going to be a first time dad ( at age 37!!!)

I have a few project trucks and thought I would see if I could make some baby money for mama. Also, she wants me to trade in my daily driver 06 Cobalt SS coupe for a family car- no friggin mini van, though,08 or 09 HHR SS Turbo. Obviously, she did not have twist my arm. We need some down payment money.

I have the following:

1972 GMC Super Custom 3/4 ton 4x4 fleetside factory A/C cab
Missing original 350/ TH350 when I bought it a year or so ago, the NP205 case and adapter are still there. It is a Central Texas truck.

Cab- No rust around windows, will probably need rockers, they almost always do. The worst part is the driver side floor has a hole rusted through around 1' long 2'-3" wide. Cab supports and corners are good. The radiator support is rusted out under the battery, but could be patched. The bed sides are good, but the floor is rusted out. Tailgate is pretty well gone-rusted out at the bottom.

I have the following parts:
Running 350 out of another truck. "Supposedly" recently rebuilt.

TH350 out of a 72 4x4 blazer, needs rebuild

I have all of the A/C, PS and alt. brackets and pulleys for a factory short water pump set up.

Good 4 row radiator and 4x4 fan shroud

Pair of rust free, straight OEM GMC front fenders

Replacement fleetside bed

Two GMC tailgates, one with a dent where someone backed into a pole. the other with bondo above the latch, condition unknown.

Straight GMC grille, grille bar and headlight bezels, chrome is fair, no peeling or rust

OEM chrome sport rear bumper, straight, chrome good

Extra pair of rust free inner fenders

Van tilt column not installed

Good windshield for install after paint

Painted steel front bumper needs a little straightening

Basically I have all the hard parts to redo the truck. It would need to be torn down, cleaned and painted and new rubber installed.

What do you guys think? WIW?
Attached Images

Last edited by WIDESIDE72; 02-23-2009 at 10:23 PM.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote