The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2009, 09:20 PM   #11
Musclerodz

Re: Our '66 Short Fleet Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe231 View Post
Thanks Alan, i tried to get info from the place I got the paint.....they are an auto supply and don't seem to know much......I asked what I could use to thin it.....he told me the stuff that comes with it

Thanks Mike. I got the MSDS and instructions, it said 1.4-1.6mm and 40-60 psi....the one thing we missed was that with the DP401LF activator you are supposed to mix it then wait 30 minutes before spraying, oops. i got another quart of the DP90LF and this time got the DP402LF activator instead, no wait with it.
I live on the east-side of Norman, but the cab is in Tuttle at Scott's shop
you think it would work better with the suggested 1.4-1.6mm tip? it didn't hardly want to flow through the 2.0mm, but maybe that was due to us not waiting 30 min to spray it....
You should not need a 2.0 tip and waiting 30 minutes won't change the viscosity that much. Are you sure there is not a reducer that also goes with it? 1.4-1.6 tip should be plenty. Are you going to shoot the cab again this weekend or when are you going to be there? I don't mind coming over, my work shop is in Washington, just south of both locations. Just let me know.

Last edited by Musclerodz; 02-27-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Musclerodz is offline   Reply With Quote