The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
see ten
WTB this ad

Saturday pics (2-28) Hidden hitch install + some

Well, once again Saturday has rolled around. I didn't really go anywhere exciting to photograph this week. But I think I've come up with something to hold you over. My lil brother is no longer homeless (which is good) but now he needs to haul some carpet for his new place. Being as a 12' roll of carpet isn't going to ride in his 6' bed, a trailer is going to come in to play. His pickup doesn't have a hitch so a call was made to Early Classic for one of their hidden hitches. I thought I could show a few pictures of how the install went.

Brian volunteered his shop for the install. I guess he needed a break from bringing this back in to shape.

The box this came in weighed 56lbs. Appears to be plenty sturdy.

We put it in place with a jack and marked where the hole in the tag bracket had to go.

A cutoff wheel made quick work of the job.

Cleaned up the rough edges and shot some paint on it.

Neat lil harness that plugs right in to the factory harness. No messy splices here!

We must've marked it correctly because it lined right up.

The most rear holes on the hitch line up perfectly with the most rear holes on the frame. However this is where we ran in to our only real glitch. The bumper brackets were in the way of the bolts for the hitch. We had to remove the rearmost bumper bracket bolts and lift up the bumper. This allowed us just enough room to install bolts in to the holes for the hitch. Once they were tightened up, the bumper bracket bolts were reinstalled. Then it was just a matter of drilling four more holes to install the rest of the bolts for the hitch.

see ten is offline   Reply With Quote