The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2009, 11:52 PM   #1
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Talking my lame attempt @ nice pics...

ok... there's more to it than just trying to mock see ten... although, I will admit to wanting to be like him if I grow up.

I was finally able to get the tranny out of the burb...
*cell pic*

And even though the fluid it's bleeding in the above pic (and all in the back of the longhorn) is red.... don't let it fool you.

The sludge in the bottom of the ban was not red. There was chunks of clutch in there.
I *hope* to get a chance to run it over to Mr Bill the tranny guy this week. Then again, the tranny actually came out LAST sunday, and I've been saying I hope to get a chance all friggen week.
To say it was cold in there is an understatement. I can't remember the actual temp, but I know it dropped about 15 to 20 degrees from when I got there till the time I left.

I plan on fine tuning the drop while it is laid up. I want to bring the front down a bit more, and firm up the rear... or raise the rear a tad. Right now it sits higher up front, and the rear axle slams into the frame when you even consider hitting a ciggarette butt in the road. So some trimming on the coils in front, and some helper in-the-coil type air bags in back should do the trick. it needs a C notch... but I'm not ready to commit to that quite yet.
Plus, i can't weld to save my life.
So I leave my baby up on jackstands at all 4 corners, and tires in the back room stacked up.

As I head out the door and hit the lights... I have an idea... sure, it's a direct rip off of see ten's efforts... but, in all honesty, it's one I've wanted to do for a long time now.

There's a shop we deal with all the time at work, there garage is actually a very old church that was converted to a shop in the 20's acording to the guys who work there. It's all very old brick, and rooms built out of wooden planks... I'd love to take good pics of the joint, but there is a key board inside the office there that I want to own real bad.
*cell phone pic again*

So some of you remember the thread about my buddy's new K/20 cheyenne... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=329823
Well, I got a couple more pics of it....
the requested SPID shot...

And the ORIGINAL title... look at the dates on this. I don't even know if the state of Oregon still has titles that look like this. Heck, look when it was signed over by the original owner and his wife.... back in 86!

Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote