The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
XXL
Seņor Member

Anyone work Lexan?

I'm looking to get some taillight lenses machined (see attached). The 3D aspect of them is meant to be a bit of post-modern '59 Caddy... that is, a pair of curvilinear arcs from the base to the top where they create a point... but along the whole length of the lens so that the 'point' is really an edge down the length of the lens. I've included a cross-section and end profile sketch in the attachment that may clarify. I'm looking for someone who can make me a pair of these, flame polish them, and then lay them up on a piece of prismatic clear that's bigger than the lens so they can be back loaded through the sheetmetal hole without falling through. I can provide more details to whomever might be able to make these for me.

Here's a shot of the truck now. Taillight lenses are in the slots now (backloaded as described above), but they're a flat surface. I need to add some dimension and character to them... hence the request.

Anyone?
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf scan.pdf (103.0 KB, 64 views)
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote