The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
S10Fan
Old Heap Driver

That 70's Truck

There was a thread a few days ago about a truck for sale on CL and we all made fun of the "look" being 80 ish. It got me thinking about a truck i bought new in 76. I can assure you guys I never ever owned a Leisure Suit, and I hated Saturday Night Fever.

Ok, here goes.

I bought this truck new and started “modifying” it pretty much from day one. The headlights were a kit bought from Glory Vans (I think that was their name). I still can’t believe I cut up brand new headlight bezels. LOL. The kit was basically a plastic mounting plate that screwed to the core support. I think I paid 24.99 plus postage.

The factory installed white vinyl stickers (body graphics) were removed within a month. Added Western Cyclone wheels with the required Dunlop L60’s and G60’s. Lowering was handled via hot wrench and leaf removal. Note to the youngsters, we didn’t have dropped spindles and bags in the 70’s. Believe me, heating springs is bad, real bad.

As you can see, Mustang taillights, vinyl bed cover, power antenna, chrome goodies, Dodge Charger gas cap. The back window was a cool piece I found in the back of Truckin Magazine. Al Gore had yet to invent the internet so it took forever to send the money and have it arrive at my door. My Dad made the wood piece on the tailgate, used a router to cut out the bowtie. Yes, those are fog lights on the bumper, and yes the covers do say “Keep on Truckin”. Again, it was 1976, things like that were cool back then. LOL. The sunroof was an item I really enjoyed and it didn’t leak!
Attached Images

'99 Silverado 1500, 4.3, 5-speed, reg cab, short bed
'50 Chevy 2DR Hard Top, 350/350, M2 Front End, 3:08 gear, cruiser.
'40 F**d Sedan, all Chevy power, Heidt's front end, TCI rear, nice driver.
S10Fan is offline   Reply With Quote