The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
nvr_di

Headlight issue + new guy

Hi Guys

This is my first post on this great site! Theres nothing like a group of people with a common love for these beautiful trucks helping each other.

I have a 69 c10 LWB truck that I bought in 2006. its got a 307 I beleive that the PO said he rebuilt before I bought it. it ran great while I drove it but I ended up parking it sometime in 2007 because of gas prices and I cheaply picked up a acura with heat, ac, and a transmission with over drive. Recently the acura was stolen and with gas prices down and me working from home im not driving as much, so i thought its time to get the ol truck running again. And Dam I miss driving it! its not much too look at right now but it sure is fun!

Anyway I put new gas and fluids in and it fires right up! I go to take it for the maden voyage and notice the headlights dont work.
The running lights, blinkers, dome, and brakelights all work but the dashlights flicker and work intermittently. I checked all the fuses and they are good. So I jump on the forum and do some searching and come up with the headlight switch.
I put a new switch in and the dashlights work great now but still no headlights.

More searching on the forum lead me to testing some wires and thats where im stuck and I hope you guys can point me in the right direction.
The headlights work when connected to the battery but the wires running to them have no power.
The Dimmer in the floor has power on the lt blue wire but nothing on the tan or lt green wires. and thats where im stuck. is my dimmer bad or is the problem further up the line?
Ultimately I want to do the headlight relay upgrade but from what I understand I need to see power on the tan and/or lt green wires correct?

Thanks in advance for the help and thanks for making this site such a great place!

Tim
nvr_di is offline   Reply With Quote