The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2009, 07:44 PM   #1
nico

Removing Performance? Need Cam Help...

I have come to realize that I enjoy the stock 350 in my 88 Burban tons more than the 383 in my 84 C10. Is it really that bad to be thinking about doing away with nearly all of the performance parts it currently has... I will probably keep the headers, aluminum cooling system and MSD ignition components though.

I think I would enjoy it way more as just a driver that I can jump in and run to town, the junkyard or the dirt track without worrying about the current 7 MPG and questionable drivability...

1. Replace the Comp 280H (.480 lift, 230 duration at .050, 104 LSA) with a more streetable dual pattern cam that won't require my current stall converter. I still will need a small base circle cam to reuse my Trick Flow Pushrods.

2. Replace my Edelbrock Performer RPM and Demon 750 with a standard aluminum intake and 800 CFM Q-jet I already have.

3. Replace the TCI manual-valvebody Turbo 400 with a 700R4 and stock converter. I haven't decided to keep my Hurst shifter or go back to the factory column shift...

So far, everyone I have mentioned this to says I'm crazy... Any opinions or recommendations on a cam?
nico is offline   Reply With Quote