The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
JohnC

The Search Is OVER!!!!

Hey guys wanted to let you know I found me a new toy. I have been looking for a 73-87, mainly a 81-87 Chevy SWB. After doing some searching, and several questions, Thanks by the way ! I found one.

It's an 84 Chevy Silverado. It has the stock 305 with a 350 Tranny. I thought this was weird because I thought all 1/2 tons came with 700R4's in 84, but it looks to be all original, and the shifter designator in the dash doesn't show overdrive. The ironic part to this whole thing is that it is the exact same color combo as my old 84 SWB that I had in high school. This wasn't intentional, but I guess an omen for my truck search! My wife didn't think so! The body is in really good shape. It has a small rust spot in the bottom rear section of the bed behind the rear wheel, and a couple of small dents. The worst dent is in the passenger door. Other than that the paint is in great shape, and the interior needs a few things. New carpet, headliner, and dash pad. It has a 88-94 seat in it, and I am planning on changing to a 95-98 seat. I like the look of them better, and they seem to be more like the original too. The seat that's in it now is nice, but sits to low, and to me just doesn't fit the truck. The worst part of the whole truck is the fact that a previous owner decided he wanted a 4WD look out of a 2WD truck. It has 3" lift springs up front, and blocks in the rear. Then add on 31x10.50 tires, and it sits really tall. Now I like the look on 4WD trucks, but that's where I think they belong, not on 2WD's . So my first plans are to change to stock springs, and go with some 275/60's. I haven't decided yet if I want to lower it and go with a bigger wheel, that and my tight budget at the moment won't allow for $1200+ in wheels and tires. So right now I'm going to at least get it back to normal, and go from there. All I have from here on out is time.

I got a pretty good deal on it, or at least that's what I keep telling myself! I know it needs some work, but I can drive it and enjoy it while I'm playing so that is a big plus! I look forward to hearing what you guys think.
Attached Images

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote