The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2009, 12:14 AM   #1
6T8&O-her-1

Anyone using Cyberdyne "Blue Ice" digital Gauges?

in the process of collecting some gauges for the build later this spring.... I have already acquired a couple of Autometer gauges and was intending to save the most expensive for last like the speedo and tach. I chose the "NV" line from Autometer with the Lime Green Night background...Well, Monday I happened to stroll into my local Hot Rod Barn where they sell all the Drag car stuff. Saw some Cyberdyne Ice Blue Digital Gauges and was Struck from the moment he turned them on.

Now, I am not sure if I want Analog, or Digital. Whats the feeling from you guys? I know with digital it takes a little extra thinking time to equate a Number with whats going on... also fuel level etc. with Analog you know with a Glance basically. So, Whats the pros and Cons. I really love those Ice Blue gauges. They also come in Red Digital and the Full set is less than what I would spend for Analogs. These NV guages are Nice...I powered the Voltmeter gauge up with the background and Holy Mother of Green slime....Bright as Hell! I will need to Dim them especially a Full Set. Almost like an In Cab tanning salon! Don't wanna come in the house looking like "The Mask" ...The digitals wern't no joke either.. I love the Technology though And I like the analog appeal...so confusing.
6T8&O-her-1 is offline   Reply With Quote