The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
fastbagged68

My Accuair e-Level Install....

Over the years I have made posts of my Suburban mostly pertaining to Air Bags and Crossmember drops. When I started my build I did a crossmember, Custom Control Arms, Power Rack.....everything to make it layout on a 28" tall tire. The rear I kept the stock trailing arms, wishbone, 3 inch custom blocks, and a big notch. The air system was on 1/2" lines.

I had 12 valves though..... 8- 1/2" valves and 4-1/4" valves. I used the 1/4" to set the ride height. Over the time my valves have leaked. Some on the intake some on the exhaust valves. Some morning I would come out to drive it and my rear passenger is up in the air 5".....I hated it. I would go to the car shows and TRY to set the car @ "Show height" to drive in....sometimes it would be too low in the front....dragging my swaybar.... sometimes too low in the rear....etc. I would go pick up a buddy and have to re-adjust it. I like to drive my Suburban LOW!!!! I built the suspension to drive @ about 3" off the ground... never bottoms out or scrape.....unless pulling into a driveway.. I have installed many air systems and think gauges are a waste of money. Air gauges are not accurate AT ALL. They will change with where the system is in its cycle/travel, air pressure readings change with load (passengers) fuel...etc.

All these issues have caused me to let my car sit in my garage for too long. We had some down time in the shop (Hill's Rod & Custom) So I got the new ACCUAIR e- Level Control System. We recently installed the system on a Customer's 99' Tahoe. He now drives it every day and loves it now. (He also felt the way I did) After installing it I was blown away by how precise it is. When we set it up it was within a 1/16" everytime it went to the ride height. We tested it out before we gave the tahoe back to him....It worked PERFECTLY.

Now with my system in the shop I decided to start tearing out my old parts. Attached are some pictures I have taken. I will post more pictures as I finish up the build.

I know majority of air suspension owners feel the same way I do, so I thought I would share this system with you guys.
If you do not know what AccuAir is look them up www.accuaircs.com
Attached Images

fastbagged68 is offline   Reply With Quote