The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
VA72C10
VA72C10

Looking to build my dream Blazer

I deleted the 2wd ad that I put in the forum because of all the information you guys have given me. Through your suggestions it makes much more sense to me to find a 4x4 with a good/great tub on it and do the conversion. I plan to bag it and am considering a Porterbilt front dropmember and a 4-link rear now so might as well go with a cheaper start and from what I understand a better way to go lower...

Budget is up to 10K for a project that's already converted and set up for bags, probably honestly looking to find one in the 2-5K range with a great body and then build it the way I want from there. I will consider the entire US as a search area because I assume the best tubs are going to be out west of course. Would like an A/C truck but I could add that (Vintage/Old Air) and prefer tilt and tach but I have both of those already Would also prefer original seating but that is up to debate...might go with the new tahoe front and third rows...

Thanks for all the information so far and I will be picking your brains some more if you don't mind...maybe I can return the favor with parts I pull off my blazer/jimmy when I find it.

Below are just a few of the "inspiration" pictures I've saved for my build...Plan on a 67-68 front, cowl hood, 20's all around with a staggered (wider) width rear, leather interior, nice stereo molded in with fiberglass panels on the sides, strong 350/383/400SB with 700R4, Tilt column, Tach Dash or Custom dash (still deciding) Airbag suspension with Dropmember, 4-link, sway bars, etc etc etc....
Attached Images

Last edited by VA72C10; 03-24-2009 at 04:44 PM.
VA72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote