The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
kelsfine69
18 Till I Die

My Dads Barn Find w/pics

Somehow we found a guy selling his dads old 72 GMC 1/2 ton on Kijiji. As usual it had only one pic and lots of hits. He was really hard to get ahold of and when we did finally get ahold of him we asked if he still had this old truck for sale. He did so we asked for more pics and he said he has quite a few calls on it but they never left a message or it was too far of a drive. So we got some more info and pics and hooked on the trailer and away we went. It was a good 2 1/2- 3 hour drive from home and when we got there he was trying to dig it out away from the side of the quonset. Lots of snow.

The story is his dad bought it new in 72 and drove it on and off till 85. Then his dad passed away from an accident and the truck was stored in the quonset till 95ish. Then he said he pulled it out and drove it for a couple of weeks and decided it really wasn't his thing so he put it back in the corner. Then up until last year he needed the space so he parked it beside the shed to make room for his farm machinery. Thats when he decided that he needed the money more than the truck.

Its a 1972 GMC 1/2 ton custom, 350, auto, around 95000 original miles and original paint. steel floor box, gauges,

The Spid is missing. The glue is there but the sticker is gone so I dont know what all options it has or if I can find out thru the serial number?

It needs rockers and cab corners and one small dime hole in the drivers floor but thats pretty much it for rust. it also came with jack and handle too.

I have always loves those barn find stories. If anyone has this color combo please post them so my dad can see how good this color looks. He wants to restore it. Heres some pics
Attached Images

1987 Camaro Iroc 350 Tuned Port Injection
42000Km

1987 Chevrolet Silverado 350 TBI
1987 Chevrolet Silverado 350 TBI(yes 2)

Take me drunk, I'm too home...
kelsfine69 is offline   Reply With Quote