The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2009, 03:13 AM   #1
towrecker

Talking add some useless info here

well i had a thought lets all share something strange or odd we have learned with or about our trucks think hard we have all had something strange on them or something strange go wrong .....i will start off with one i decided i wanted to put a late model chevy blower motor (heater) on my 65 to get more output (blow harder) which they do but 2 odd things with it were one you have to buy a new wheel for it and then mod it ...about 12 bucks and a half hour not bad to get warm when its in the teens out but the one that blew my mind was the fact of when the fan was on and i cut the key off to kill the truck the blower motor backfeed the ignition and delayed the truck shuting down buy like 5 seconds ...the fix simple but took me a year to think it out a diode in the power wire and bam fixed it only lets current flow one way to the motor and not back away from it just one little odd bit from my useless info i have learned but someone somewhere i am sure has that prob and doesnt know the fix so there it is
towrecker is offline   Reply With Quote