The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
chevyfan87

4.3 upgrades?

okay...so i was planning a trip to florida, which got cancelled and now i have all this extra money to spend on my baby. i have a few idea but as nobody around here has quite the um...setup i have, i figured id check with you guys

i have a 2000 gmc sierra 1500 with a 4.3 vortec with a home made high flow intake (universal kit, modified to fit) a summit catback exhaust and thats about it, i bent a valve about 10k ago so i know the internals are sound because the top end has been completely redone.

now what should i do on a budget? i was thinking about getting a hypertech max energy programmer...but everybody says to actually get a custom tune, would the tune benefit me at all? does the programmer make a big difference on the 4.3? how much would a custom tune cost?

help me out guys

tired of hooking the chains up in 4 hi and holding it to the floor, just to have a 4.8 idle in 2wd and pull me backwards lol
Attached Images

2000 gmc sierra 1500 4.3 4x4

too poor for the projects

Last edited by chevyfan87; 03-30-2009 at 09:20 PM.
chevyfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote