The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
adpostel

Finally, My 68 is on the road.....

I took the maiden voyage today with my 8 year old son. I have been waiting a long time for this day. Its not a show truck, but its what I have, and it should be fun. 1968 LWB 454 cu in BB/TH400 trans 2800 stall, 4:10 gears ...Its definitely a 50 footer right now, hopefully in the very near future I can get it down to a nice 20 footer or 10 footer. Had very few minor hiccups to take care of today, installed the grill, and the hood, had a water leak, water pump bolts were only hand tight for some reason, it didn't leak until I took it for a spin, but tightened them up and no biggy. Installed the new Sears Die Hard Gold Battery so now I can start up without the use of a battery charger, (you don't know how good that feels) Got the timing down to where it starts right up. I had trouble finding TDC with the piston stop, so I couldn't mark my balancer. But I'll get to that soon. For right now, I can open the garage, get in start it up and take it for a spin, and that has been a long time coming........I washed the truck and everything, and I just forgot that I didn't even take any pics of it washed, Darnit..... I'll post a few pics, and take some more pics tomorrow of it clean....How embarassing....but I'm too excited not to share........Hope ya'll enjoy......
Attached Images