The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
VA72C10
VA72C10

Cool Help me make up my mind please

I have decided to sell my 70 longbed project , but I am going to complete it first...

(Long story short is I will be looking for a CHEAP beater 67-72 truck to slowly fix up and actually use around the house (think shop truck theme) and will buy a 4WD blazer and convert it to 2wd w/ dropmember, 4-link, and bags

Before you tell me to keep the 70, that's out of the question...The 70 is too nice to be a beater but won't sell for much with it taken apart and unpainted...so I will assemble it and paint (Also already paid body guy for paint/supplies and only owe 600 more to have it fiinished)

That all being said, it will have no rust (new rockers/corners/great bed/and tailgate) a new blue paint job, cowl hood and new fenders, inners, new rad support, new 70 inner and outer grille, 2000 chevy seats w/ integral belts ,tilt column, tach dash, rod doors panels, stereo w/ box behind seat, new 355 w/ about 350-400hp, high quality rebuilt TH350, chromed out engine bay, hot coated headers and exhaust, undercoated underbody, painted frame (not powdercoat), etc.

Now, my decision

I will be running Torq thrust St 6 lug rims 20X8.5 chrome

Do I static drop it 4/6 or airbag it?

***I have to do something to the suspension because currently the springs are hacked in the front and were heated poorly in the rear and the shocks are bad.***

I have all the parts to do both at this point other than the bags and valves for the air ride and the 6" springs/shock relocators for the static drop

From watching ebay, it seems the trucks with bags have been selling better and at higher prices. I think the overall look will fit for someone wanting bags (cowl hood, 20's, chrome, rod doors panels, new seats, blue pearl paint, etc.)

Am I throwing away money spending the extra 500-700 that bags cost over static drop? Or will I get that or more back out of the truck with a well built air ride setup?

2nd thought is do I throw 700 into a 6 lug disc brake front end to truly complete the high performance look.
Your suggestions are appreciated

Ask yourself....If I were looking to buy a truck like this one

1970 C10 longbed
355 w/5000 miles on rebuild, performance cam, edelbrock carb and intake, ported and polished heads, blueprinted with matching blueprinted HEI, march pullies/brackets, chromed out ball milled engine components, detailed engine bay, Lokar tranny and gas pedal linkage/brackets
Rebuilt Th350 (5000 miles) with 2800 stall converter and performance shift kit
20" Chrome Torq Thrust ST rims with newer tires
New power brakes
New power steering
New rebuilt front suspension
New staticdrop suspension or bags TBD
Drop shocks w/ shock relocators
2" drop blocks in rear
Adjustable panhard bar
New battery (relocated to rear framerail with custom drop down alumiunum box)
New chrome high output alternator
New high flow water pump
New chrome fuel pump
All new front end sheetmetal
New chrome bumpers
Cowl induction hood (Steel)
Nice original gate
Awesome longbed
Fuel cell under bed with custom filler
2000 Chevy silverado seats with custom black/blue vinyl
Rod doors custom door panels with matching vinyl
New dash pad
Rebuilt Tach Dash with new bezel
Rebuilt Tilt steering column with billet/leather wheel
Fiberglass kick panels with MBQuart component speakers
New carpet with new chrome sill plates
New wiring
Good glass
All new locks, exterior chrome, handles, etc.
New paint job (blue pearl BC/CC)

With all that info, ask yourself........Since a truck like this costs over 20K to build,
Would I buy it for 8-10K with bags or with static drop
(and which one would make you want to buy the truck more)

And...Would having the disc front end help sell it or is it just $700 thrown away

Pictures are of the truck when I got it and what it will look like (except different rims and longbed of course) and my inspiration for the engine bay
Attached Images

Last edited by VA72C10; 04-02-2009 at 10:44 PM.
VA72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote