The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #1
Normy71

MY 1971 GMC dream turned night mare

Hi all this is my second post!
Love this site so far just thought I would share my truck story so far.
I found this 1971 GMC it was parked in a guys yard covered with tons of snow.
The honest or what I thought was a honest older guy told me the storey about how he has had this truck for 7 years and only drives it in the summer to take the garbage out,but would not be scared to take it any place.
I shoved out enough snow to get the drivers door open and a quick look under the hood.
a few pumps and It stared right up.
Anyways paid the man for the truck and he was to have the truck delivered to me about 1 hour away. he said he will look after the towing. MISTAKE I thought well it would take a lot for me to get the truck out sounded good to me... OOPS
Got home and waited the next day no truck ?? next day no truck what the #### 4 days later?
I could not get ahold of the guy that sold me the truck ??? I thought I better get my truck home so I called a flat bed truck had it picked up before it gets to muddy out. I did get a bill of sale for the truck.
My truck arrives flat tires and all, the guy took the battery out of the truck that was in it when I looked at it? the extra grill was missing out of the truck along with the other 2 tires he told me he had for it? I'm getting very mad!! unload the truck put in a diff batt in change a couple of tires and notice the disc brake has very bad big grove in it ?? it starts right up, Not so bad. step on the brake and it goes to the floor??Put it in gear and nothing ?? then try reverse and that works, but that's not going to solve anything.
pull the trans dip stick right up to full but very bad smell ...This can't be good.
Then I go around to the pass door and open it up for the first time and look down and I can see the ground threw the floor?? that's also kind of disappointing.
I guess I should have waited till the snow was gone to look at this thing. But I was kind of got excited to find what I thought I was looking for.
I will post a few pictures a tell me what you all think? fix her up or part it out?
Thanks
Normy71 is offline   Reply With Quote