The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #10
monte0185

Re: Project: Haulin Crap

Its not risky at all. In fact a 307 block has alot thicker cylinder wall than a 305 or 350. Basically what ill have is a .030 over 307 with 64cc heads. I have to break out the calculator but i think it comes out to about 312ci. Nothing fancy just a basic engine.

I think im gonna try to make it as stock looking as possible though. I dug through all my stuff and came up with a 4bbl version of my 2bbl air cleaner. Im gonna paint the engine orange like it came stock but the valve covers I have are black powdercoated so thats gonna be something different. I dont think im gonna paint that shiny intake though. And im pretty sure im going with my edelbrock or carter carb. I have both. Anyway going to pick up my block today. Ill post some pics tonight. Got most of everything painted for it but i ran out of paint. So gotta run by the store today as well and get some more.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
monte0185 is offline   Reply With Quote