The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2003, 10:18 PM   #1
CHaingKaiShek
I love goooooold!

Cool Next Upgrade?

Hey all. Not sure who has or has not seen my truck before. So I'll post a link to the page before I continue.

my truck

I pretty much ruled out engine work, as the 383 I have is about 90% finished. I had planned on simply installing this behind my TH-350 tranny, and the hopefully newly installed 3.73 gears/eaton posi unit.

I'd include wheels as a possible upgrade, but as I already have two of the Cragar 341 series rims I found that I liked.

So my list includes...

New Bucket seats along with new carpet for the interior. This 'package' will includ fabricating a center consol like Mike Ervin did - however I'm not sure I have the skill to do this.. (lol) Also plan to move to a floor mounted shifter if I install these buckets - It just looks cool.

tH-700R4. Another possible upgrade. I had one which I was building, sadly I messed *something* up in the process, and they could not get the transmission to shift properly into overdrive. (1-3 worked ) Anyway instead of pulling it apart again, I thought about buying one of those bowtie overdrives and simply installing that.

Snug top - Third possible upgrade, not as pricey as the others sure. But still a good chunk of change, also what about nerf bars? I personally dont think they'd look too good on my truck, which only sits at stock height.

And finally. Spending the cash, taking the time to rebuilt the suspension. This could no doubt be the best upgrade I could do. But personally I feel it could be the biggest PITA, besides I have a huge fear of sending a coil-spring flying through the air, and killing myself or someone else with the damn thing. :p

So what do you all think? Any other ideas?

Jeff
There's whiskey in the jar-o."

Last edited by CHaingKaiShek; 03-17-2003 at 10:56 PM.
CHaingKaiShek is offline   Reply With Quote