The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
Beatcoaster
69 Fleetside

Is everything "repop" total garbage?

So I just got done spending $1500 on parts to redo my entire enterior from the carpet to the visors to the pedal pads and window cranks. I get home yesterday(truly excited) to 3 boxes from Brothers and LMC and upon opening them, I am blown away by the lack of quality. To start it off is the heater controls. My current one is totally corroded and has the rivets busted off the back so for $120 I figure I am going to get a decent piece - not the case at all. I got a rechromed p.o.s. that had the face spray painted flat black with scratched up levers and i little rust bubble on the face already...unbelievable -thanks Brothers!! This piece is worth $30 tops. I then proceed to my $60 kick panel carpets which are nothing more than carpet glued onto a cardboard backer - I could have made this for $10. Their "preformed" carpet kit is rolled into a ball, shoved in a box, and I personally hope it will lay flat, cause it sure doesn't look like it now. The foam seat rebuild kit is nothing more than a piece of 1" foam, some all weather carpet, unusable hog ring pliers, and some metal rods with no instructions...I could go on and on...the only pieces I am really happy with are the dash pad, my 3 pt. seatbelts and the wood steering wheel...Hopefully when my backordered tach conversion kit and seat cover get here, my dissapointment will subside a little...but I doubt it - ugh.

As painful as it is to say(or for the many die hard american auto fans to hear), I come from 10 years of racing, tuning, and showing Subaru's (1999 RS and a 2005 Sti) and the parts I imported from Japan were flawless and made with a true quality I had hoped to recieve here. Instead my American truck is now clearly implanted with Thailand made crap that is not worth a dime of what these vendors are charging. I can only hope that once I start work on the rest of the truck, the parts I need to buy aren't such a waste of my hard earned money.....such a bummer, but I just had to vent.
Beatcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote