The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #11
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's XXL DropMember I6 Install

Well since we are this far into it XXL decided he wanted to update the floor and give it a smoother shape. We are also hiding all the brake lines and wires under the tunnel. So here is the second attempt for XXL to look at. I just did a quick wire buck for the shape and if we go with this then I will use it as the form to weld the sheet metal to because I can shape it and try the fit and by looking from the back I can see were the fit is right and were it needs work. Also I can do all this on the bench with a final trim once it is in place. This same design step can be used for many different tasks you might have in the shop were it is hard to get a shape to start with.
Their is about a 1/2" under the front of the seat for sound mat and carpet and then the tunnel will extend to the rear of the cab to cover the drive shaft hoop and hole. Then up at the front of the tunnel I will make a small cover for the wires and lines.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Rokcrln; 04-09-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote