The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2009, 03:31 AM   #1
leddzepp

Re-built door hinges

I have a set of door hinges that I re-built with a Brothers kit (new hinge pins and bronze bushings) for sale. They are from my 72. I originally took the door off, and tried to replace the pins while the hinges were still attached to the front fender...haha, not going to happen. I put the door back on, and bought a set of used hinges thru board members. I re-built those on the bench and then swapped them out. So, I got another kit, and re-built these as well, and do not need them. I cleaned them up after replacing the pins/bushings and painted them with rustoleum gloss black. The door detents will work, but can stand to be replaced cause they are 40 yrs old. They are pretty pricey, so I did not buy a set for these hinges. The roll pins can be picked up at Harbor Freight for a few bucks. I did not cut off the bottoms of the pins after I put them in, but I can if you wish, or you can with a cut-off wheel.$65 Shipped to the lower 48.
Attached Images

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote