The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2009, 01:44 AM   #1
leddzepp

Mirror pics for 70CST

Here are some pics. The first is my truck, w/ aftermarket mirrors. Close to factory, but a little different. The main difference is the top piece's attachment.

The others show the factory 71-72 mounts that I put on after putting back the factory trim. The trim covered the two lower mounting holes for the aftermarket mirror brackets PERFECTLY. I really lucked out on that one! I re-drilled the 3 factory holes that had been spot-welded in, and mounted them in place, w/new steel and nylon washers. Unfortunately, the one upper hole is still there from the aftermarket brackets. I plan to get a rounded head bolt and paint it to match and thread it in there for now. I also put smaller mirror heads in place...they just look a whole lot more proportionate to the brackets.

Also is a pic of dis-assembled 71-72 mounts, next to the aftermarket brackets. The lower mounts are the same in length, but differ in how the ends are flared out for attachment. Also, on factory mounts, acorn nuts were used to assemble the brackets.

I believe that the factory mounts for your 70 are longer on the bottom, and attach below the upper trim on the door. I also believe that the upper bracket for your 70 attaches to the door in a similar manner to the aftermarket one. I am sure others will chime in on this. The larger, OEM mirror heads look more proportionate to the style of brackets used on your truck IMO.
Attached Images

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote